Senior P&C (Casualty Bias) Underwriter - Manchester
Posted: 29 April 2022
We are pleased to be working on this Senior P&C role which is with one of the largest global insurer’s operating in the world today. Although it is classed as P&C, there is a heavy bias towards Casualty and ideally you with have a minimum of 2 years or more within this field.
The role is titled Senior Underwriter, however they may consider someone wanting to make the next step up and you could currently be a Trading or Assistant Casualty Underwriter.
- Are you passionate about working for one of the world’s largest property & casualty insurer in the world with excellent employee benefits and offices all around the globe?
- Are you looking for your next challenge in the insurance industry to progress your career in Underwriting? If this sounds like you and you are passionate about client service, motivated and inquisitive?.
- The purpose of the role is to support the UKI online business handled in the National Underwriting Centre (NUC) in Manchester. To fully understand the company’s strategy for online business, deliver a high quality of service to our brokers and be able to work with brokers confidently across online systems.
- A full understanding will be required of the underwriting functions available online, ensuring that the business is underwritten in accordance with strategy and to the agreed service levels. Knowledge and experience of online trading will be required, along with experience of handling online referrals and the ability to work at pace handling a volume of business transactions.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Deliver excellent service to internal and external customers and be a key contact for branches and Business Development Managers for online business handled in the NUC.
- Lead broker review meetings for key product/NUC relationships and contribute to broker meetings arranged by internal stakeholders (Key Account Managers, BDM’s etc).
- Support the development of the underwriting team by coaching, supporting, encouraging and advising team members.
- Manage an allocation of new business, renewals and mid-terms adjustments.
- Engage and contribute positively in business priorities such as cross sell.
- Develop trading partnerships with our brokers to drive growth and increased new business opportunities.
- Ensure Sales and Distribution are engaged if encountering difficult conversations or challenges and give feedback where appropriate.
- Engage Sales and Distribution where a deal opportunity has been identified and provide support for deal/facility tenders.
- Escalate any market feedback to the Product Owner.
- Escalate any product/system issues and potential efficiency savings to the Product Owner/eBroking.
- Apply the appropriate technical knowledge to manage incoming referrals and queries from brokers and from underwriters within the team.
- Responding to referrals and queries within the agreed SLA’s and applying best practise to all accounts.
- Build and maintain a productive working relationship with Product Leads.
- Work with Product to ensure that the underwriting and rate strategy is applied across the portfolio.
- Work closely with Product Manager/Team Manager and deputising where appropriate.
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED?
- Previous underwriting experience gained in an online trading environment highly desrible.
- Experience working in a high volume, transactional environment and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining trading relationships with brokers.
- Progress towards, or already achieved professional insurance qualifications (CII).
- Self-driven, taking ownership of personal and professional development
This is an excellent opportunity with great scope for career progression and development within. Included in the role will be a competitive basic salary between £40k to £50k, excellent Pension, PMI, Life Insurance, Holiday Purchase plus many other great benefits.
For further information please contact Andy Baker on 07834 596414/0113 4931720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org